Monday, March 26, 2012

A Serious Delay on Komrade Kitty

Well, it has finally happened; My laptop committed sepuku and is in the IT infirmary at my college. It is currently going through a complete system rewrite to get Windows 7 on it and rip that damn virus out of it. BUT! That means all of my shit on it had to be wiped or transferred...and when I went to transfer some things to my external, THE FLASH DRIVE PORTS REFUSED TO WORK. So yeah, the episodes I downloaded for the Deadliest Warrior month for that last review episode are now completely gone. Not only that, but so are most of my sound effects. Thankfully, I still have my music and credits and title cards for the review, and my scripts also made it out alive.

So yeah, expect a few days worth of delay with the next episode, mainly because I still have to film the scenes I need and my computer has to finish being stupid too.

Hoping Windows 7 will save her,
~Lala

EDIT: My computer has been released to me today, virus gone and Vista aborted for Windows 7, and it's working much better, I must say. I've downloaded the episodes again, have gotten most of my documents back on the laptop, and here's hoping that I can film some of the bits tomorrow.

EDIT OF THE EDIT: So, yeah, my computer's a dick... It's still not fixed, and my motherboard might be completely shot as well. It's in IT again, and I have a make shift computer from a friend. I'm gonna see if I can download my video editor on here, and hopefully the end of Deadliest Warrior Month can be filmed either tonight or tomorrow. I'll try and get a VLog out tonight about what I'm gonna be doing. Sorry, again...

No comments:

Post a Comment